Online Doctor of Engineering in Engineering Management
We are now accepting applications for the next cohort with a start date of January 2023.
The priority application deadline is October 15th, 2022. Applicants who meet the requirements and complete the application packet before the deadline will be guaranteed a spot in the upcoming cohort. Applicants who meet the requirements and submit before November 15th will be subject to limited availability.
Students applying for admission to the Engineering Management and Systems Engineering Online programs must meet the graduate entrance requirements of the School of Engineering and Applied Science. See below for the necessary entrance criteria for the D.Eng. program.
Please note that prospective students are allowed to apply for the D.Eng or Ph.D. program – not both. Our office will not process dual applications.
Step One: Review the Admissions Requirements
- Bachelor’s and master’s degrees in engineering, applied science, mathematics, computer science, information technology or related field from accredited institutions
- A minimum graduate level GPA of 3.2
- A minimum of two college-level calculus courses. Applicants who do not have a grade of C or better in two calculus courses but are otherwise qualified for admission will be required to take an additional course EMSE 4197.
- Relevant professional experience
- TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores are required of all applicants who are not citizens of countries where English is the official language. Check our International Students Page to learn about the SEAS English language requirements and exemption policy. Test scores may not be more than two years old.
- Up-to-date resume.
Note: GRE and GMAT scores are not required to complete the application packet, but can be submitted to strengthen the application.
Please note that our doctoral programs are highly selective; meeting minimum admissions requirements does not guarantee admission.
Step Two: Submit Application and Supporting Documents
To speed our review of your application for admission, order your official transcripts and prepare all other materials before submitting your application. Admissions for Spring 2023 will begin in September of 2022. Applications will be reviewed on two dates. Applicants who complete the application and submit all required materials by October 15th 2022 will be given priority. If you meet the qualifications for admission you will be guaranteed spot in the Spring 2023 cohort. Application packets submitted after October 15th must be completed by November 15th and our subject to limited availability.
Complete application packets include:
- Completed Application for Graduate Admission form
- Order Your Official Transcripts – Request that official transcripts, in English, be sent to our office directly from all colleges or universities attended, whether or not a degree was earned. Contact the institutions you attended previously to learn the process for requesting official transcripts. Transcripts should be sent to email@example.com (if sent electronically), or via mail (USPS only) to:
- SEAS Online Programs
The George Washington University
170 Newport Center Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660
- SEAS Online Programs
- Up-to-Date Resume
- Statement of Purpose – In an essay of 250 words or less, state your purpose in undertaking graduate study at The George Washington University. Describe your academic objectives, research interests, and career plans; and discuss your related qualifications including collegiate, professional, and community activities, and any other substantial accomplishments not already mentioned.
- English Language Requirements – TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores are required of all applicants who are not citizens of countries where English is the official language. The School of Engineering and Applied Science requires requires a TOEFL score of 600 paper-based or 100 internet-based, or an IELTS overall band score of 7.0 with no individual band score below 6.0, or a PTE score of 68.
Official transcripts must be received before an admission decision is rendered for the Doctor of Engineering program. Unofficial transcripts are no longer sufficient to complete the doctoral application packet starting with Spring-1 2017.
Step Three: Remain Engaged in the Admissions Process
You will receive emails from us updating you as your application goes through the admissions process.
Subscribe to our email list!
To receive additional information via email about GW’s online doctoral programs in engineering management and systems engineering, as it is announced please fill out the form below.